Why license your dog?
- Your dog is more likely to get back home. Licensed pets found in Kronenwetter are more likely than unlicensed pets to get home again.
- Prompt medical attention. If your dog is found injured, a pet license makes it more likely that its medical history can be located and it will get the proper medical care right away.
- It’s the law. The Village requires all dogs 5 months of age or older to be licensed.
- It ensures a dog is vaccinated against rabies. This important vaccination keeps your dog safe & healthy.
- It helps other animals. Your license payment helps: shelter and feed lost dogs and cats in Marathon County and find them a new home, educate the public about responsible pet ownership, and reunite lost dogs and cats with their owners.
Dog Licenses are issued on a calendar year and may be purchased by mail, online, in person, or after hours drop box. The cost is $7 per neutered or spayed dog and $12 for each dog not neutered or spayed. A late fee of $5 is assessed on licenses renewed after March 31 of the current year.
To license your pet, you will need:
- Dog license fee
- Current rabies vaccination certificate
*There is no form to fill out.
- Please note that online licenses include an additional $2.50 convenience fee. The fee covers the cost of mailing the licenses, tag and rabies certificate back to you. A current copy of rabies vaccination must be submitted to the Village in order to purchase a license. Failure to submit a current vaccination record will delay the processing of your application.
- If paying by credit/debit card, there is a $1.50 service fee. If paying online, this is in addition to the included $2.50 convenience fee.
- A $5.00 late fee is added for licenses issued after March 31 of the license year. The late fee does not apply to new residents or new pets.
- If paying by mail or drop box, please include a current phone number along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope for us to mail the tag and rabies vaccination certificate back to you.
You may mail, email or fax rabies certificates to:
Village of Kronenwetter
1582 Kronenwetter Drive
Kronenwetter, WI 54455
Fax: (715) 693-4202
Other Types of Dog Licensing
- Kennel License (requires application & Village Board approval) - $75 per year (paid w/application).
- Animal Fancier License (requires application & Village Board approval) - $75 per year (paid w/application) + each dog individually licensed (current tag fees as above; paid after approval).