Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I rent one of the Village Park Shelters, Fields, and/or Community Room?

The rental agreements are on the website under the “How Do I?” tab, Rent heading. Rental agreements are also available at the Municipal Center during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 8AM to 4:30PM. Simply fill out the form and either drop it off or mail it to the Municipal Center, along with the necessary fees.

2. Who do I contact about getting my property reassessed?

Accurate Appraisals, LLC 1428 Midway Road PO Box 415 Menasha, WI 54952-0415 www.accurateassessor.com 1-800-770-3927

3. How do I find out what my property is zoned?

Village Zoning Map – Located under the “How Do I?” tab, “Read/View” section, click on Zoning Files, Maps, & Permits

4. When do I need a building permit?

Building permits are required prior to the start of construction. In addition to permits being required for the construction of a residential structure and all commercial buildings, permits are required for garages, sheds, accessory buildings, additions, alterations, permanent fences, decks, reroofing, demolition or razing of any building, electrical upgrades, and many other projects. If you have any questions, regarding whether your project requires a permit, call the Village at 715-693-4200 and ask for the Building Inspection Department. Failure to obtain a permit prior to start of work results in double the building inspection fees.

5. Where is the Municipal Center located?

We are located on the East side of I39/Hwy 51 at 1582 Kronenwetter Drive, between the Maple Ridge Road exchange and Kowalski Road.

6. How do I locate my property description?

Call Marathon County Courthouse at 715-261-1100.

7. How big of a garage can I build on my property?

This is based on a combination of your property acreage and zoning district. The Village uses a formula based on those two factors to regulate accessory buildings on individual properties. Please see the Citizens Guide to Garages & Accessory Buildings to see how the formula works for your property.

8. What are the Yard Waste Site hours?

The Yard Waste Site operates on Wednesdays from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM and Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM from mid April to mid November, depending on the weather. Beginning September 15, Fall dusk hours will be effective on Wednesdays as follows: Sept. 15-30 3:00 PM-6:30 PM; Oct. 1-15 3:00 PM-6:00 PM; Oct. 16-31 3:00 PM-5:30 PM; Nov. 1-15 3:00 PM-5:00 PM. Saturday hours remain the same of 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.

9. How do I get to the Yard Waste site?

The Yard Waste Site is located in the northeast corner of the Village at 4496 Martin Road, just west of Hwy J. To get there from Hwy X, take Pine Road west to Creek Road, take a right on Creek Road and drive 1/2 mile until Martin Road. Turn left on Martin Road and the Yard Waste Site will be on your left 4 miles away after the County Forest.

10. Who do I contact with a complaint about my garbage service?

IROW at 715-693-7123.

11. What are the dates & times to pay taxes at the Municipal Center?

The Municipal Center does not accept tax payments past January 31. All payments past January 31 must be made to Marathon County. Checks should be payable to Marathon County Treasurer, located at 500 Forest Street, Wausau, WI 54403; phone 715-261-1150.

Police Department Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I pay for my citation online?

YES. E-payment is available for all citations issued. Look at the top left of the citation to determine what court to make payment to. There is a service fee for both services. LINK: Kronenwetter/Rothschild Joint Municpal Court Payments LINK: Marathon County Circuit Court Payments

2. Does the police department provide fingerprinting services?

YES. Some employers or organizations request you be fingerprinted. We are happy to provide that service to you. There is a small service fee. Contact the police clerk for details and to schedule and appointment.

3. What are the rules for parking on the street?

Parking on most village roadways is allowed year-round, with exceptions.
1) Watch for signs that restrict parking.
2) Parking is NOT allowed from 2:00 AM – 7:00 AM from November 1 – May 1.

4. Can I make an anonymous tip about a crime?

YES. Marathon County Crime Stoppers allows you to make an anonymous phone call, e-mail or text tip. If your tip leads to the prosecution of a crime, you could be eligible for a reward.

5. Does the police department provide DMV services?

YES. Instead of spending time in a quiet line at the DMV, stop by KPD. The police department is an authorized partner with the Wisconsin DMV. We can process your motor vehicle title, replacement titles, registration and renewals. There is a small convenience fee. Any questions about services offered contact the police clerk.

6. What is the non-emergency police department phone number?

Business Hours: (715) 693-4215 Non-Business Hours: (715) 261-1200

7. Can I do a ride-along with the police department?

MAYBE. To participate in a ride-along you can complete a ride-along request form at the police department.

8. How do I get a copy of a report?

An open records request can be made through the police clerk. Some records may be confidential due to on-going investigations, sensitive or juvenile information. There is a small fee for copies of reports.

9. Can I request an officer check my home/business while on vacation?

YES. We are happy to keep an extra eye on your property while you are away. Please complete the vacant home request form or contact the police clerk.

10. Can I get a KPD shoulder patch or challenge coin?

YES. You can purchase our shoulder patches in color or tactical and the department challenge coin. For prices click here.